1. The Bag - Marc by Marc Jacobs Lil Ukita:This Marc by Marc Jacobs shoulder bag is my go-to for spring and summer. The colour has since been discontinued, but the brand seems to come out with similar colours (if not with a slight variation) every season. I have a lot of Marc by Marc Jacobs purses and, while I really should start branching out, I don't think you can find much better quality for the price point. The leather is so soft and malleable, achieving the perfect slouchy look. My only complaint is that the brand does make a very heavy bag, so I try hard not to over fill it.
2. My Sunglasses - Karen Walker Number One:I really love these sunglasses. Ever since purchasing them last summer, I've barely taken them off my face - making all my other pairs of sunglasses feel sad and neglected. The shape is interesting enough to have a bit of edge, but from afar they look like the perfect, slightly cat-eyed sunnies. This is my first pair of Karen Walker sunglasses, but surely won't be my last.
3. My Wallet - Marc by Marc Jacobs Slim Zip Around Wallet:Another Marc by Marc Jacobs item. The wallet is the same great quality as the handbags, and the colour is the most perfect shade of fuchsia. I've had this same wallet for a few years now, and it still looks like new (not a small feat for coloured leather, which tends to transfer it's colour and fade over time.)
4. Purse Sized Umbrella - Target:I absolutely hate the rain. Few things give me as much misery as getting caught in a freak rain shower without an umbrella - hence why I carry an umbrella with me everywhere I go. The pink and white polka dot pattern is almost cute enough to make me forget about the rain when I use it - almost.
5. Gum:This item really goes without saying - Mama's gotta stay fresh.
6. Glasses:I carry around a pair of glasses with a very slight prescription to help me see while driving in the dark. The prescription is so low that getting glasses was deemed as 'optional' from my optometrist - but I wanted a pair of glasses so badly so here they are. I use them less from driving, and more at work when I want to feel smart.
7. Ridiculous Collection of Bobby Pins and Hair Elastics:My purse is honestly exploding with bobby pins. I still have no idea how they keep on accumulating, but it seems as thought that every time I clean them out, they seem to replenish almost instantaneously.
8. Collection of Lip Products:I, along with most other women, have at any given time anywhere from 5 to 10 lip products in my bag. The number steadily climbs as I toss whichever lipstick or lipgloss that I am wearing for the day in my bag, and never remember to take it out.
So there you have it - everything that is in my bag. Hopefully this will inspire someone to create their own 'what's in my bag' post - I'll be creeping.
I love nosing around other peoples' bags too! It truly is a guilty pleasure that can't be explained. Also, the spontaneous regeneration of bobby pins - totally a thing.ReplyDelete
Right? So many bobby pins - that is, until you actually need one ;)Delete
I am exactly the same as #6. I always carry my low-prescription glasses around just in case I actually want to put them on for driving. But I usually just wear them at work so I appear smarter.ReplyDelete
I am so glad you wrote that Lexi - I am not alone in the borderline-fake glasses for added intellectual points!Delete
What an adorable display! Loving your bag. ;DReplyDelete
Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.
I always like these posts too! I also think its fun to see how often people change their bags. I like to switch mine everyday but I know some people think that's excessive, hahaReplyDelete
I would love to switch my bag everyday, but usually laziness sets in when I think about switching everything over lol. You must have incredibly tidy purses with all the change!Delete
Joëlle, exactly! :DDelete
& Thanks for your lovely helpfull posts!
If you don't mind me asking, what color exactly is your bag? I know it's a discontinued color but they all look so different depending on the particular photo, lighting, editing, etc.
I'm almost positive the colour is 'Taupe.' Hope that helps!Delete
Love the 'whats in my bag' posts too! Thanks for sharing :) Us curious folk appreciate it!!!ReplyDelete
Haha! From one curious folk to the next - you're welcome!Delete