- I now live right outside of Toronto, in the 'burb of Port Credit - but am originally from Ottawa and consider that to be my hometown.
- I met my now-husband "the old fashioned way" - at a bar
- I have a long haired chihuahua named Fritz. I am totally one of those people who refers to and treats their dog as their child. I know it's irritating, and a total conversation killer - but I am powerless to stop it!
- I am a Funeral Director - or an Undertaker or Mortician, depending on what part of the world you're in. Yes, that it my actual career. Yes, I did have to go to school for it. No, I am not joking. I truly love my job and have awesome co-workers.
- My background is Italian - both my mother an father are Italian, but I self-identify with a number of different other heritages. It really just depends on the day.
- I am the eldest of three children, and when I tell people they usually respond with - 'Yeah I can see that.' I don't know whether to be flattered or insulted.
- I am naturally drawn to strong people. I don't have the time or patience for insecurities.
- I love Degrassi - the original Canadian series with Joey Jeremiah, Snake, Wheels, etc. I've seen every episode at least 5 times, and can quote entire scenes. It's either impressive or sad, I'm not really sure.
- Do you watch The Real Housewives of anything? If so, be prepared to totally stop our previous conversation and focus solely on the plot line and characters of whichever Real Housewives is on cable at the moment. It's my guilty pleasure, and I often refer to myself as a 'Real Housewife of Port Credit' - much to my husband's chagrin.
- I can peel a banana with my toes - a skill that usually comes out at parties after a few too many gin and tonics.
Happy Hump Day!
I would have never in a million years guessed you worked at a funeral home. Wow, that's an intense job. Having to display the strength needed to help people that are going through the worst time of their lives, takes true courage and an extreme level of compassion. I have the utmost respect for you, Miss Joelle! I couldn't do it! Great post idea, by the way. I feel like I know you now! :)ReplyDelete
Thank you! Yes the job it not without it's challenges, but I love it! I'm so glad that you enjoyed this post!Delete
Joelle: Seems like you would be fun to hang with. I like The Real Housewives of New York and The Real Housewives of Atlanta. I am not embarrassed to admit to the first but to the second I am. Those ladies are rabid, at times. Thanks for sharing some about info.ReplyDelete
Oh I know - I find New York and Atlanta to be the cattiest but I love them all! Thank you for your sweet comment!Delete
I love this! You're one interesting gal! (: & I'm a Degrassi fanatic as well.ReplyDelete
Founder & CEO of Connect-the-Cloths
A stylist, foodie, & writer's blog in development.
Long live Degrassi! Thank you Carsla!Delete