The holidays are a busy time for everyone, myself included. Days that are perfectly planned down to the hour, holiday parties and braving the malls for gifts; with everything going on, giving myself a proper blowout is virtually out of the question. Not one to sacrifice good hair, I turn to my trusty hair hack for a professional looking blowout using the Dyson Supersonic™.
You guys have probably heard of the hype surrounding the Dyson Supersonic - especially the new purple and black version available exclusively from Dyson Canada. I'm definitely not immune, and I was absolutely giddy when my Dyson Supersonic arrived and I was able to use it for myself. After using the first time, I was already hooked, and have been loving it ever since. The difference between my older hair dryer and the Dyson Supersonic is incredible, and I've been really enjoying the improvements the Dyson Supersonic has made to my hair routine.
- I love that this hair dryer reduces drying time. My hair normally takes so long to dry, even when using heat on it. The Dyson Supersonic has air flowing through it's barrel super quickly - 150mph to be exact! The result is that my hair drying routine takes me less than half the time now, and I'm able to completely dry my hair the same morning as washing it - something unheard of before!
- This dryer is light! Normally hair dryers are so top-heavy but the motor of the Dyson Supersonic is in the handle, so not only is it light, it's also very balanced too.
- The Dyson Supersonic comes with a smoothing nozzle as well as a diffuser and a styling concentrator, and they attach to the dryer magnetically so it's very easy to use the different functions of the dryer.
- The Dyson Supersonic is controlled by only 4 buttons with 3 precise speed settings and 4 precise heat settings. It makes using the dryer, as well as controlling the heat very simple.
- My favourite feature of the Dyson Supersonic, and the feature that helps out my chemically processed hair the most, is that it measures air temperature 20 times a second, which protects against extreme heat damage. Anything that can reduce unnecessary damage to my hair is a huge win in my book.
With all this in mind, I'm excited to share my holiday hack with you - a fool-proof way to get the perfect blowout - without actually having to use a brush! I love using this hair hack with the Dyson Supersonic because it literally takes half to time to achieve this style and now I can get out the door with perfectly blown out hair in minutes. Here are all of the steps:
Start with damp hair. I like to run the Dyson Supersonic over my hair a few times to get most of the moisture out of it.
Separate your hair into two. I usually like to make a messy centre part. Take one side of your hair and twist it into a mini bun.
Secure the mini bun so that it stays put. I love using my Jen Aitken x Chloe Isabel pins to help keep my mini buns in place. These pins are perfect for a hairstyle like this, since they help keep your hair securely in place and don't leave any kinks or bumps in your hair.
Repeat the same process on the other side, using another pin to secure, so that you have two mini buns on either side of your head - Princess Leia style!
Now here's where the magic happens. Take your Dyson Supersonic and set it to medium-high heat, with a low speed setting. Run the dryer over your mini buns until they are completely dry, which will only take about 5 minutes with the Dyson Supersonic.
Once you've dried your mini buns completely, switch your Dyson Supersonic to the 'cool' setting, and give your mini buns a cool blast for about a minute.
I like to chill out for a few more minutes with my mini buns, because I'm a nineties kid and they speak to my soul.
After I'm done having fun with my mini-buns, it's time to take them down.
Give your hair a quick brush to set it into place, and voila! Soft curls, volumes and all the other features of a blowout - without spending the time, or having to fuss with any brushes. Thanks to the Dyson Supersonic, what was once a trusty hair hack is now super speedy, and I don't get any of the frizz that comes along with using a traditional hairdryer. This is one of my favourite hair hacks, and completely necessary during the busy holiday season.
When I want to change it up, I love taking my freshly blown-out hair and creating an easy twist. Just gather all of your hair and make a twist at the back of your head. Secure the twist in place with a beautiful hair comb like this one from Chloe + Isabelle and you're done! I like to leave a few pieces of hair loose in the front for an effortless, undone look.
So there you have it! My new obsessed with the Dyson Supersonic, and my tried-and-true hair hack to get the perfect blowout every time. I think that the Dyson Supersonic would be an incredible gift for the holidays, or a fun treat-yourself indulgence for a busy holiday season.
What do you guys think? Have you tried this hair hack before? What are your favourite ways to save time during the holiday season? Let me know!
This post was created in partnership with Dyson Canada. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.