Happy Tuesday Noobs! I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend and have come to terms with the fact that the last long weekend of summer is officially over - a pill that I'm having a hard time swallowing.
Today I'm sharing with you one of my favourite, easy DIY tips to get the most out of your wardrobe - how to keep your costume jewellery from tarnishing. I am guilty of making a b-line to the costume jewellery when I'm shopping. Whether it be Forever 21, Target, you name it - I love picking up inexpensive pieces to add variety to my wardrobe. There are a few problems with inexpensive jewelry through - it tends to tarnish, chip and in certain cases may turn your skin a delightful shade of green. I've had to regretfully throw out more costume jewellery than I care to mention, until I found the most incredible product to make my cheap jewellery last.
Krylon Crystal Clear spray varnish is incredible for preserving and extending the life of your costume jewellery. I found my spray at my local Walmart, but the same can be found at any local hardware store, or crafting store. The process is so simple, it's really only a few steps
- Lay out all of your cheap, costume jewellery on a surface that you're not afraid of ruining (I've used both newspaper and a garbage bag and both work fine.)
- Cover any gemstones with masking tape.
- Make sure you're in a well ventilated area, and spray the Krylon Crystal Clear varnish over the entirety of the exposed side of your costume jewelery.
- Wait 10 full minutes before touching your jewelery
- Rotate each piece and spray the newly exposed side.
- Wait a full 2 hours for the varnish to dry completely - and enjoy!
Of course, the same effect can be achieved by coating your costume jewellery in a coat of clear nail polish, but it is difficult to paint the entirety without smudging the polish with your finger.
Try this quick tip out the next time you purchase some fun costume jewellery and never have to worry about it tarnishing, chipping or turning your skin green again!
Have a great week,