Wednesday, 27 June 2018
My Summer Essentials with Schick
Summer is finally here, and I couldn't be happier. Is it just me, or does everything just seem lighter in the summer - more sunshine, lighter attitudes - even my summer essentials seem to lighten up. Gone are the heavy accessories and toiletries of winter. Here's a few of my summer essentials, and why I reach for them as soon as the weather warms up.
• A straw hat - I know, I know - a straw hat seems so cliché as a summer essential, but hear me out; cliché or not, a straw hat just makes life easier in the warmer weather. Not only does it shield your face and neck from sun exposure (which is incredibly important,) but it also works overtime when used to hide frizzy, summer-humidity hair. If you haven't already, get yourself a nice straw hat for the summer.
• My Schick f.a.b. razor. You guys have heard me rave about this magical razor that allows you to shave both front and back without even having to lift the razor from your leg. It's incredible - but it becomes essential in the summertime. I'm almost always in dresses, so I find that I'm shaving more than usual in the summer. I also want to get in-and-out of the shower quick, so I really appreciate the time that the Schick f.a.b. razor saves me. Smooth legs and a quicker shower routine? Definitely a summer essential.
• Small purses. I find that during the hot months, the last thing I want to do is schlep a huge, heavy bag around. I definitely tend to reach more for my mini, cross-body bags in the summer, making them essential. My back thanks me.
• Oversized sunglasses. I love the look of big, oversized sunglasses in the summertime but this season I'm going with a bit of a different look - translucent lenses. I think that translucent lenses are a great way to update a yearly summer essential and make it more now.
• A small camera. I love carrying around my vlogging camera (a Canon G7x Mark ii) with me in the summer, and find that I'm much more likely to whip it out to capture video clips of my day in the warm weather. This I can't explain, but it's true - check out my Youtube Channel, I've been posting there like crazy! If you're also looking to get into video content, I would definitely suggest picking up a small camera to add to your kit.
• A tinted lip balm. The last thing that I want in the summer is to be overly aware of my makeup. While I usually favour a more matte lip, I just don't find that formula comfortable to wear in the summer. Changing up my makeup routine to include a tinted lip balm is definitely essential for me.
What do you guys think? What are your summer essentials? Do you also seem to lighten up when the warm weather hits? Let me know!
This post was sponsored by Schick Canada. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
Labels: Lifestyle, Summer, Summer Essentials
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
© La Petite Noob | A Toronto-Based Fashion and Lifestyle Blog. | All rights reserved.
works very well, and super compact. It's still a go to camera for you tubers, and puts up really good videos.camera under 300ReplyDelete
Good article also check framaroot pingpong root Root MasterReplyDelete